- Founder, High Performance Lifestyle Training (HPLT)
- Collegiate Soccer Player, Division I: University of Rhode Island
- Vertical Jump: 32 inches
- 40-Yard Dash: 4.0
When you’re putting in the work and training hard, the only way to sustain high performance is by putting the same time and effort into your post-workout routine. Recovery can take on a multitude of meanings in the fitness space. But whether you’re moving through some static stretching, plugging into a pair of Normatec Boots, or hopping into an ice bath, you still need the right gear to help you finish strong.
The Recovery Crew and Pant have you covered for all of your cool down and recovery needs. Constructed with comfortable, double knit, no-pill fabric and a permanent anti-odor treatment, our new after-training essentials have been put through the wringer to ensure they won’t shrink, pill, or sustain damage over time.
To put the kit to the test, we collaborated with four of our athletes who invest as much into their recovery as they do their training. The verdict was conclusive: there is no better combination of garments in the game to keep your muscles warm, keep you comfortable, and help you get the most out of your session after the work is done.
Brian Mazza is a high performer in every sense. The elite athlete, entrepreneur, and father of two is constantly looking for ways to challenge himself and push the boundaries of his fitness. The former D1 soccer player just ran his first 50 miler and shows no signs of slowing down.
- Air squats - 25 reps
- Push-ups - 25 reps
- Jumping jacks - 25 reps
- V-ups - 25 reps
- Squat jumps - 25 reps
- Burpees - 25 reps
Main Set A:
- DB cleans & press - 10 reps/arm
- Med ball slams - 30 reps
- Renegade Rows - 10 reps/arm
- Assault Bike - 50 kcal
Main Set B:
- 10,000m row for time
- 10km (6.2mi) run, keeping heart rate below 140bpm
- With a plethora of recovery tools at his disposal, Brian loves to switch up how he recovers. However, spending time in his dry heat sauna is a non-negotiable every day.
- After 30-45 minutes of dry heat therapy in the sauna, Brian will often plug into a pair of air compression boots, such as the Normatec boots, for 30-60 minutes, if he has the time.
“Obviously, I’m not going to rock a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt in the sauna or my ice bath, but when I’m winding down after a workout or spending time with my kids watching TV in the evening and wearing my Normatec boots, this is the only kit I want to wear. This thing is so soft, it practically melts my pain away. And, I’ve been throwing it on right after a hard session, so it’s getting soaked in sweat, and the anti-odor treatment applied has kept it completely stink-free.”
Product: Recover Crew, Recover Pant
Training: functional fitness
Location: New York City