- Deadlift PR: 570 lbs
- Back Squat PR: 455 lbs
- Bench Press PR: 355 lbs
- Two-Time College Cheerleading National Champion
The Foundation Short is built to stand up to the wear-and-tear of the hardest workouts. Every element of the short – from its abrasion-resistant fabric to its boardshort drawcord – ensures bombproof durability over the long haul, no matter how you wear it. To get the most out of powerlifters and bodybuilders like Jake, we designed these shorts to grind it out without grinding down, so that the focus remains on the workout – not on worrying if the short will break down. To put this promise to the test, we built a dynamic lift for Jake to complete in our Foundation Short.
3 rounds of:
- 5-7 minute easy jog on the treadmill or around the facility.
- 5 minutes of striders (20 seconds of increased pace, 40 seconds easy jog)
- Burpees; 5 sets, 10 reps, resting 20 seconds in between in set
- 10 minutes Interval rowing; EMOM 8 to 10 cals
Repeat 3-5 times, or as needed.
- Shoulder Circles (forward and back): 3 times each direction for 30 seconds
- Cat-Cow: 20 repetitions
- Curtsey Lunge: 20 repetitions (10/side)
- Air Squat: 20 repetitions
With a barbell, build up to:
- Squat: 3 sets of 5 reps @ 80% of your one rep max weight load
- Bench Press: 3 sets of 6 reps @ 75% of your one rep max weight load
- Deadlift: 3 sets of 3 reps @ 85% of your one rep max weight load
Perform these exercises back to back with minimal rest in between movements.
A1. Heels elevated goblet squat 3 sets of 15 reps
A2. Single-Arm Kettlebell Row 3 sets of 6 reps each side
B1. Toes elevated Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift 2 sets of 10 reps
B2. Push-Ups 2 sets AMRAP (until failure)
C1. Med Ball Slams 3 sets of 10 reps
C2. Pull-Ups 3 sets of 8-12 reps
CONFIDENT & COMFORTABLE
“The short accommodates my heavy lifting asks and can easily withstand both stretch when in the hole of heavy squats and friction between the barbell and the short during deadlifts. At the same time, it shines just as much when I play pick-up sports or feel like going for a jog. The fact is that I've had other shorts tear or fray over time, but the Foundation Short has stayed true. I don't think that shorts were made to stretch to their max with 400 lbs on an athlete's back, but here we are. ”