WORK is the ultimate competition for the functional fitness community — a one workout, all-out-effort event that will give you a chance to see how you stack up against thousands of other athletes. WORK takes what was started as a weekly 5 a.m. workout among Ten Thousand athletes and ramps it up with a $5,000 prize purse and a live-updated leaderboard. Whether you want to challenge yourself or challenge for the cash, register below and get ready to put in the WORK.
At 3..2..1..GO! Athletes will have 8 minutes to complete 100 Calories on an Assault Bike (from Assault Fitness, other bikes will NOT be permitted).
At the completion of the 100 calories on the Assault Bike, athletes will complete as many repetitions of Hand Stand Push Ups as possible in the remaining time.
- This workout will have an 8-minute cap. Your score will be the number of completed hand stand push ups completed. The tie breaker will be the time you completed your 100th Assault Bike calorie
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
If you don’t have an Assault bike, fret not! You can use the following implementations:
Echo Bike: 80 Cals
Concept 2 Rower:1250
Concept 2 Bike:2,000m
And if Handstand Push Ups aren't for you:
As many reps as possible for Push ups or strict press with 35lbs/25lbs
RULES OF SUBMISSION
- Prior to starting, film the plates and barbell to be used so the loads can be seen clearly. All video submissions should be uncut and unedited in order to accurately display the performance. A clock or timer with the running workout time clearly visible should be in the frame throughout the entire workout. Shoot the video from an angle so all exercises can be clearly seen meeting the movement standards. Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar lens may be rejected due to the visual distortion these lenses cause.
- To be eligible for the cash prize, you must submit a video along with your score. However, you do not need to submit a video and can just add your score to the leaderboard if you do not intend to compete for a cash prize and simply want to see how you stack up against the field.
- Upload your video by April 17th, 2021 at 6pm EST in accordance with the video submission guidelines.
- Post to instagram and tag @tenthousand.cc and @tenthousand.work
- For scores to be accepted, the athlete’s full range of motion, as described in the movement standards, must be visible through the duration of the video without obstruction.
- Modified alternative version is not eligible for the cash prize.